THE TIMES OF THEIR LIVES SIGNED POSTER COMPETITION! CLOSES SEPTEMBER 4TH!
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
EVENT ALERT : JACKIE COLLINS - A LIFE IN CHAPTERS .. BONHAMS LOS ANGELES .. MAY 16TH -17TH 2017
Bonhams to auction the $3 million, 1,000-lot estate of internationally celebrated author Jackie Collins
• An exclusive insight into the star's passion for collecting fine art, sculpture and jewellery
• A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for fans to own jewelry worthy of the writer's most glamorous characters
• A portion of all proceeds will be donated to support the empowerment of young women in the arts and education
International auction house, Bonhams, announces the 1,000-lot sale of the estate of legendary author, Jackie Collins, OBE, estimated at $3m. Jackie Collins: A Life in Chapters will take place on Tuesday 16 and Wednesday 17 May at Bonhams Los Angeles. It will give her admirers the world over the opportunity to own the jewelry and art that Jackie kept in her much-loved Beverly Hills home.
As Bonhams Vice-President Leslie Wright said, "A Life in Chapters celebrates the phenomenal career and times of this stylish and glamorous woman. Jackie Collins lived the lifestyle about which she wrote, and the sale will provide an exclusive insight into the real woman behind her unforgettable characters. Her books were loved by millions of readers world-wide. This is their chance to own a piece of the magic."
As Tracy, Rory and Tiffany, the three daughters of Jackie Collins, commented, "Our mother never did anything in small measures! She was passionate about collecting, and spent many decades selecting paintings, statuettes and jewelry which brought her joy and creative inspiration. In the early 1990s our parents designed and built a breathtaking contemporary home in Beverly Hills, which became the custom designed backdrop to our mother's collections. She had a unique and extraordinary eye for a design and aesthetic that combined elegance and glamor with humor and warmth.
"We are delighted to be working with Bonhams on this very special sale honoring our mother's legacy, most especially because a portion of all proceeds will be donated to support the empowerment of young women in the arts and education."
Jackie was a serious collector of fine art and sculpture with a particular passion for Art Deco sculpture and 20th century American and British painting. The two-day auction includes:
- A collection of bronzes including Nude with Shawl by Josef Lorenzl (estimated at US$18,000-25,000)
- Several works by the much-loved English painter, Beryl Cook, including Tango in Bar Sur (US$ 20,000-30,000) and Train Station Café (US$ 20,000-30,000).
- Jackie's bespoke special edition 2002 Jaguar XKR Sportscar, fittingly finished in metallic gold, estimated at US$ 15,000-20,000
- A selection of entertainment and career-related memorabilia taking in first editions of Jackie's works and a selection of her famous designer clothes
Like her home, her personality and her characters, Jackie's jewelry is bold, strong and colorful. Her extensive collection of jewels comprises:
- A 6.04-carat diamond and platinum ring is estimated at US$100,000-150,000
- An Art Deco diamond, emerald, stone and platinum necklace at US$40,000-50,000
- Signed pieces by Cartier and Nardi among others
- Watches by Patek Philippe, Harry Winston, Chanel and Chopard
The British-born star published her first novel, The World is Full of Married Men, in 1968, marking the start of a 47-year writing career. An instant success, the book was a bestseller, as were the next 31 novels which together sold more than 500 million copies in 40 countries worldwide.
The fictional world of Hollywood glamor that fans so loved in her works was alive in Jackie's private life which she latterly spent in the Hockney-inspired home she designed with her husband, the gallery and nightclub owner, Oscar Lerman. It is the sculpture and fine art that decorated that Beverly Hills home and the jewelry she wore that comprise Bonhams' upcoming auction, A Life in Chapters.
Day One: Contents of the Beverly Hills home of Jackie Collins Day Two: The Jackie Collins Collection of Jewellery Day Three: Online sale of Objet d'arts and Jewelry goes live